Skip to main content

Follow Me on Facebook

Pondering - to encourage you!

Today's blog may be a bit different than my usual, but I pray my candid pondering will encourage you! 

The other day I was told that a friend of mine met someone who read my blog (whom I have never met) and how the Lord ministered to her through it. Hearing about the situation made my day! It is one thing to journey through life's trials and triumphs with the Lord, but it's entirely different when we go beyond ourselves and minister the revelations we've received to others. I've found that many times I don't realize how much I have learned in a particular season until I use the truths I've "owned" to minister life and encouragement to others. When I say "owned", I am referring to when we go past head knowledge of the Word and experience it for ourselves. (See "Experiencing the Word", blog below)

It's like we get tunnel vision in the midst of the things we go through and though we are doing our best to keep our hearts and minds on the Lord, sometimes we just feel stuck, with no natural knowledge of how or when things will change. But then, in the midst of our trials... our discouragement, sickness, failing hope, our deserts...our CRUD...whatever you want to call it, HE COMES! Sometimes He comes with nothing more than His overwhelming love, but that alone has the strength we need to take a deep breath and face another day. Somewhere in the midst of a glory encounter, we get our fight back. It isn't that we are looking to always fight the enemy, but the INNER fight we need to shake off self-pity, fear, worry, or whatever we deal with, and say, I WILL BLESS THE LORD AT ALL TIMES, HIS PRAISE SHALL CONTINUALLY BE IN MY MOUTH! (Psalm 34:1) Faith and hope rise as we remind ourselves of His love, His faithfulness, and His Word. As we continue to encourage ourselves and set our mind on things above (Col 3:2), something changes within us and ultimately, around us.

We were created to BELIEVE! That's why we are called "Believers", not doubters! 
James 4:8 says, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded." Sometimes He comes and surprises us with His love and strength, but USUALLY the awareness of His presence comes because WE are purposely focusing on Him, drawing near to Him. We purify our hearts by choosing to be single-minded; deciding to believe regardless of what we see or feel in the natural and shaking off the double-mindedness. Without faith we aren't pleasing Him (Hebrews 11:6). You cannot mix faith and doubt - it just doesn't work. Sometimes our greatest battles are not the ones we have with the enemy, but with ourselves. We must CHOOSE to believe!

After hearing about someone who "stumbled" across my blog and encountering the Lord, I was so encouraged. Not only does the Lord see when we live as "laid down lovers" (those who have surrendered all), but the world sees as well. Be encouraged that what you do in secret is having an affect on people even when you are not aware of it!!

I want to encourage you today that regardless of what you are going through, regardless of how long you have gone through it, He holds the answer. We access the answer first by faith. We choose to believe. We choose to thank Him in advance. We choose to worship Him and bring Him love even when we don't understand. When we do these things, we choose well. 
If you are doing these things, YOU have chosen well. 

The Lord has told my family that we are moving to the States. We chose to believe that we are moving BEFORE we could see any evidence in the natural. Now, as people are being moved on by the Lord to sow into us, we are starting to see the manifestation of what He said. But, it isn't fully there. HOWEVER, in our hearts, we are convinced this move will happen and SOON & we are beginning to pack. YOU have promises from the Lord too! Begin to praise Him for the answer and if there are steps you can take in the natural to step into the answer, do so as He leads. 

Remember, your current trial is your future strength that will be used to minister to many!!


Comments

  1. Great post, thanks for sharing, and thanks for letting us know about your blog.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making Peace with Catholicism...and Other Religions

I remember it clearly - watching a reel-to-reel movie in Sister Patricia's second grade class. Although I don't remember why the girl in the movie was crying, I do remember the affect it had on me. My heart was gripped by the fact that I wanted to know God more. The church was close to our home and I liked to hangout there, hoping to find God. One of the priests found it so odd, he phoned my Mom to let her know I couldn't be there everyday. Guess I looked a bit like a 7 yr. old hoodlum with my pigtails and missing teeth. In the eighteen years I grew up in Catholicism, no one ever taught me the deep spiritual truths of knowing God. All I knew was to attend mass, say my prayers, and take communion. And I did - until I visited a "non-denominational" church and felt God's presence for the first time. I was wrecked - in a good & bad way. Not only did I find what I had been looking for, I also became judgmental towards the Catholic religion. They had le...

You Are God's Mastepiece

Today's article is an excerpt from my book, Prayers on Fire , which I wrote with Brian Simmons. I pray it's a blessing to you. ~Gretchen    I’m mesmerized; awestruck over the beauty of your creation. The evidence of your creative genius streams from the heavens with glory. All of earth echoes your name. There is no denying that you are the Master Artist who set before us your most beautiful works of art.  The moon and stars are dazzling, brilliantly glowing against the night sky like jewels mounted in their settings. Still, I’m awed by something even more splendid than the wonders I see above. God, though you’re famous—great and powerful— you know me by name and call me your child. I am your masterpiece. My Father, whose name is known throughout the universe, you have created me to be just like you. Filled with glory, I’ll shine in the darkness, illuminating the world with your splendor and compassion. Crowned with majesty, I’ll stand in authority ...

A Journey Into Identity

In all of the years I’ve been dancing, I have never had a season where I have learned more about dance and myself in it, than this last year. Unfortunately, it has come out of a season of injury. This has been a difficult season to navigate through in the natural, but what the enemy has tried to steal, kill, and destroy, God has turned into a time of great discovery.  I have danced since I was 4 years old. I have no memories of a life without dance (except when having babies). As a result of a life woven into a beautiful tapestry of dance, my identity has been intertwined with dance as well. When I cannot dance, I feel incomplete. However, what I’ve recently been processing with the Lord is that my identity is not that of a dancer. When God looks at me, the most significant thing He sees is not that I am a dancer. The most significant thing to Him, is that I am His child.  I am much more than dance. Within me is the convergence of two realms – Heaven and earth con...