Skip to main content

Follow Me on Facebook

Having a Moment?

Have you ever had a moment? You know, one of those moments when you are on the verge of losing it, because the enormity of a problem is screaming in your face? Yes, I have too—just the other day. I'm happy to report that God, in His great mercy, took my moment, graciously pulled me close and brushed off the pollution of discouragement..
Scarlet Lily Photography

As a matter of fact, that one encounter with the Lord changed my perspective on trials. I realized how grateful I am for them. Yes, grateful. Don't get me wrong—nobody enjoys suffering! Process with me.




How would you know that God is faithful if you never needed Him to come through? How would you be sure how devoted you are to Him, if that love was never tested? To discover His power, you must first need it. God is a good God, and He will never inflict suffering or sickness to prove that He can overcome, but He will prove His love and unlimited power despite these things.

Trials reveal where our faith is weak. They uncover lies that need to be replaced with God's truth. They have the potential of launching you into some of your most profound encounters with the Lord. When you're desperate for Him, He will not deny you.


Even in the darkest times of your life, Jesus is there. It’s during these valley seasons, when you feel alone, confused, fearful, and sometimes angry that His love is solidified in you. Trials become a launching pad for glorious transformation and victory. Even if you don’t have the strength to pray one single word, keep your heart toward Him, and He will see you through. His strength is made perfect in your weakness.
What things have trials taught you? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Peace with Catholicism...and Other Religions

I remember it clearly - watching a reel-to-reel movie in Sister Patricia's second grade class. Although I don't remember why the girl in the movie was crying, I do remember the affect it had on me. My heart was gripped by the fact that I wanted to know God more. The church was close to our home and I liked to hangout there, hoping to find God. One of the priests found it so odd, he phoned my Mom to let her know I couldn't be there everyday. Guess I looked a bit like a 7 yr. old hoodlum with my pigtails and missing teeth. In the eighteen years I grew up in Catholicism, no one ever taught me the deep spiritual truths of knowing God. All I knew was to attend mass, say my prayers, and take communion. And I did - until I visited a "non-denominational" church and felt God's presence for the first time. I was wrecked - in a good & bad way. Not only did I find what I had been looking for, I also became judgmental towards the Catholic religion. They had le...

You Are God's Mastepiece

Today's article is an excerpt from my book, Prayers on Fire , which I wrote with Brian Simmons. I pray it's a blessing to you. ~Gretchen    I’m mesmerized; awestruck over the beauty of your creation. The evidence of your creative genius streams from the heavens with glory. All of earth echoes your name. There is no denying that you are the Master Artist who set before us your most beautiful works of art.  The moon and stars are dazzling, brilliantly glowing against the night sky like jewels mounted in their settings. Still, I’m awed by something even more splendid than the wonders I see above. God, though you’re famous—great and powerful— you know me by name and call me your child. I am your masterpiece. My Father, whose name is known throughout the universe, you have created me to be just like you. Filled with glory, I’ll shine in the darkness, illuminating the world with your splendor and compassion. Crowned with majesty, I’ll stand in authority ...

A Journey Into Identity

In all of the years I’ve been dancing, I have never had a season where I have learned more about dance and myself in it, than this last year. Unfortunately, it has come out of a season of injury. This has been a difficult season to navigate through in the natural, but what the enemy has tried to steal, kill, and destroy, God has turned into a time of great discovery.  I have danced since I was 4 years old. I have no memories of a life without dance (except when having babies). As a result of a life woven into a beautiful tapestry of dance, my identity has been intertwined with dance as well. When I cannot dance, I feel incomplete. However, what I’ve recently been processing with the Lord is that my identity is not that of a dancer. When God looks at me, the most significant thing He sees is not that I am a dancer. The most significant thing to Him, is that I am His child.  I am much more than dance. Within me is the convergence of two realms – Heaven and earth con...