Skip to main content

Follow Me on Facebook

40 Day Journey - Jesus Encounters and Glory Invasions

At the beginning of this year, 2011, Joshua Mills prophesied over me. One of the things that the Lord said through him was that, in the past, I have had divine glimpses of glory, but now I would begin to have explosions of glory. He also talked about the revelations I would have because of these explosions and what I would do with them.

Hebrews 6:19 says, “This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil.” We all know that at the crucifixion, that veil was torn in two and nothing any longer separates us from encountering Him! According to Ephesians 2:6, we are right now, at this present time seated with Christ in heavenly places. The mystical reality that we are here on earth and yet in heaven, is something that I believe with all of my heart and have experienced to a small degree. My heart BURNS with overwhelming desire for face to face encounters with Jesus. (John 14:21)

The truth is that He is in us, we are in Him and while many know this is true, they never taste of it experientially. It isn’t enough to know truth! It isn’t even enough to have a nibble of the glory. I’m satisfied with who He is within me and yet burn with a passion for more of it experientially; dissatisfied with how much is pouring out through me, as well. I want to go as deep into His presence as I possibly can. This is such a mystical paradox. How can we be in heaven, hidden IN Christ and yet not feel, taste, and come in contact with this glorious bliss on a continual basis? How can we truly become spiritually minded instead of carnally minded?

I realize that we enter in by faith and that works and self-effort will not open the realms of spiritual encounter. However, our actions that are birthed OUT of this intimacy, this burning desire for more of Jesus, DO pull the answers from Heaven. Deep truly does call out to deep!

I’m starting a 40 day blog on my journey into the deeper realms of God. By no means is this the beginning of my journey, nor are these 40 days the only time I will do this. However, I felt that SO MANY of us have Burning Hearts for more of Jesus, that I wondered if perhaps my journey could spark something in others to begin a more focused journey to know Him as well.

I have no idea what will happen during these 40 days. Perhaps I will press in during these 40 days and have the realities of heaven invade my world in a way that will change my life; or perhaps it will only be a seed to something that will happen later. But I will always live in the bliss of joyful longing for more! This blog will be personal and I won’t embellish anything. I can only promise a blog that is candid and heart-felt. My longing is for Him and my desire is that I will infect everyone who reads this blog with a contagious, overwhelming passion to seek Him as never before. If you would join me on this journey, you can submit your email address above.

May our Burning Hearts consume everything that hinders LOVE,
Gretchen Rodriguez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Peace with Catholicism...and Other Religions

I remember it clearly - watching a reel-to-reel movie in Sister Patricia's second grade class. Although I don't remember why the girl in the movie was crying, I do remember the affect it had on me. My heart was gripped by the fact that I wanted to know God more. The church was close to our home and I liked to hangout there, hoping to find God. One of the priests found it so odd, he phoned my Mom to let her know I couldn't be there everyday. Guess I looked a bit like a 7 yr. old hoodlum with my pigtails and missing teeth. In the eighteen years I grew up in Catholicism, no one ever taught me the deep spiritual truths of knowing God. All I knew was to attend mass, say my prayers, and take communion. And I did - until I visited a "non-denominational" church and felt God's presence for the first time. I was wrecked - in a good & bad way. Not only did I find what I had been looking for, I also became judgmental towards the Catholic religion. They had le

Reigniting Your Destiny/Letting Go of the Past

Over and over again I've been hearing stories from people who are going after their dreams. Some are young and filled with a zeal for life that has met little resistance. I like hanging around young people, because it reminds me of what it is like to run after life with untamed passion. Others who have felt the excitement of life wane over the years, have recently met with the God who awakens dormant desires. They are taking giant leaps of faith to run after their dreams once again, regardless of cost. Living life with passion is always the right choice. My heart has been stirred to encourage you today! Many of you have been contemplating what it would be like to take a risk and go after your dreams - some for the first time, and others with renewed hope. Let me speak to those who believe that they are past their prime in life, and whatever goals and dreams they once had, are long gone. Stop believing the lie that life has crippled you! Life hasn't crippled you, it has

Loving God On Purpose

 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. " John 14:21a When I committed my life to Jesus, I really went all out. I was so in love with Him that all I wanted to do was read my Bible, ask questions, and talk to Him non-stop. I wanted nothing to do with my old lifestyle. I remember reading this first part of John 14:21 and telling myself that if my obedience to Him would prove my love for Him, then I would be the most obedient person on the earth. (Yeah, we all can have a good laugh at that one!) However, He began to teach me that it wasn't my obedience that proved my love. Obedience without love is  a slave mentality. It was my love that naturally caused a desire to be obedient. My heart's cry to know Him more and my love-sick heart were seeds of love that would blossom into branches of a new lifestyle. My desire to pray, read my Bible, etc., wasn't done out of religious obligation, it happened naturally because I couldn't g