Skip to main content

Follow Me on Facebook

Day #3- Anybody want to shine, LITERALLY?

Today's blog is a bit longer, but it is VERY important and I believe will really minister to you and help you on your journey into deeper realms of glory.


I've been talking to the Lord lately about SHINING (literally) with His glory. I have seen people glow in the spirit, but never with my natural eyes, like Moses did. If it was possible for Moses to shine, before Christ, it's even MORE possible for us to, with HIM living inside of us. Talk about an easy way to get people's attention! People would either run away from you, or run to you, for prayer! 


This morning my set apart time with the Lord was about healing emotional wounds and dealing with things that hinder how deeply I am able to experience His glory and radiate it. I didn't plan this, only yielded myself to what I felt Him doing in me. As I was lying in His presence, His light began shining into my body, lingering on certain areas longer than others. It rested quite a while on my eyes and I was reminded about the power of focus. Proverbs 23:7 says that as we think in our heart, so are we. This is where we get the saying, "What you focus on, you empower."


The Holy Spirit began to remind me, not only to set my spiritual focus on His Kingdom, but to  also set my natural attention on the things of Heaven that are here on earth. In other words, the blessings, the things we are thankful for, etc. To be a half glass full and not empty, kind of person. We know our words are powerful and the Bible teaches us that if we believe the things we are speaking, we will have what we are saying. (Mark 11:24 My paraphrase) That is one of the most powerful scriptures in the Bible, but so few believe it. Then Holy Spirit began to go into more detail about this subject.


He began to open up Matthew 6:22 "The light of the body is the eye; if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."  He was reminding me that the literal light of His glory shining in my body, creating peace, joy, health, etc., is affected by what my perceptions of life are. If our views of life become woven together with His views, our body will be filled and shine with His light. 


I will quickly show you the meaning of some of these words and how it was exactly what the Lord was revealing. (You can go to biblestudytools.com and search the Strong's also.)
Eye- the eyes of the mind, to perceive, pay heed to 
Body- this is referring to our physical AND spiritual body, but comes from the word Sozo, which refers to healing and restoring of health
Single- it comes from a root word which means to braid or weave together


Let's put it together:  The light of your physical and spiritual health is affected by what you think about and how you think about it. If you see things from a perception that is woven together and one with God's perception, your spiritual AND physical body will be filled with light! 


WOW! We know the Lord lives inside of us. He's there in all of His fulness NOW. However, not everyone illuminates this truth. Remember, it's OKAY to be content with what He has done and yet not be satisfied with how much of it is flowing out! This is a mystical paradox.


Our journey is leading us into the awareness of the continual bliss of His presence; having deeper encounters with Him. Every time we come closer, He will pinpoint areas that are obstructions in our path. 


We are learning the importance of not only focusing our spiritual attention on His Kingdom, but also to watch our natural minds, perceptions and the words we speak. If our "eyes" are only looking at things from His point of view, braided together with His understanding, our words will agree with His words. When we are in agreement with Him in every way, we will have what we say, we will SHINE, and we will live in a bliss of His glory unlike anything we have ever known! (We will have what we say whether we are in agreement with God or not. The problems is, we probably don't WANT what isn't in agreement with Him!) 


Look at a couple of scriptures with me, please.
Proverbs 4:23 in the Good News Translation says, "Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts." Isn't that great?? 


Check out the Mirror Translation of Colossians 3:1-3. It's awesome! (Emphasis mine)

"Pursue with diligence the consequence of your co-inclusion in Christ. Relocate yourself mentally! His resurrection co-raised you to the same position of authority, seated in the strength of God’s right hand.
Becoming affectionately acquainted with Throne Room thoughts will keep you from being distracted again by the earthly (soul-ruled) realm. Your union with His death broke the association with that world; the secret of your life now is the fact that you are wrapped up with Christ in God."

Well, sorry this was so long today. I pray you will pursue Him and allow Him to breathe these truths deep within you.
Don't forget to become a member, if you'd like! (Look to the right..you'll see the button there!)
Gretchen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Peace with Catholicism...and Other Religions

I remember it clearly - watching a reel-to-reel movie in Sister Patricia's second grade class. Although I don't remember why the girl in the movie was crying, I do remember the affect it had on me. My heart was gripped by the fact that I wanted to know God more. The church was close to our home and I liked to hangout there, hoping to find God. One of the priests found it so odd, he phoned my Mom to let her know I couldn't be there everyday. Guess I looked a bit like a 7 yr. old hoodlum with my pigtails and missing teeth. In the eighteen years I grew up in Catholicism, no one ever taught me the deep spiritual truths of knowing God. All I knew was to attend mass, say my prayers, and take communion. And I did - until I visited a "non-denominational" church and felt God's presence for the first time. I was wrecked - in a good & bad way. Not only did I find what I had been looking for, I also became judgmental towards the Catholic religion. They had le

Reigniting Your Destiny/Letting Go of the Past

Over and over again I've been hearing stories from people who are going after their dreams. Some are young and filled with a zeal for life that has met little resistance. I like hanging around young people, because it reminds me of what it is like to run after life with untamed passion. Others who have felt the excitement of life wane over the years, have recently met with the God who awakens dormant desires. They are taking giant leaps of faith to run after their dreams once again, regardless of cost. Living life with passion is always the right choice. My heart has been stirred to encourage you today! Many of you have been contemplating what it would be like to take a risk and go after your dreams - some for the first time, and others with renewed hope. Let me speak to those who believe that they are past their prime in life, and whatever goals and dreams they once had, are long gone. Stop believing the lie that life has crippled you! Life hasn't crippled you, it has

Loving God On Purpose

 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. " John 14:21a When I committed my life to Jesus, I really went all out. I was so in love with Him that all I wanted to do was read my Bible, ask questions, and talk to Him non-stop. I wanted nothing to do with my old lifestyle. I remember reading this first part of John 14:21 and telling myself that if my obedience to Him would prove my love for Him, then I would be the most obedient person on the earth. (Yeah, we all can have a good laugh at that one!) However, He began to teach me that it wasn't my obedience that proved my love. Obedience without love is  a slave mentality. It was my love that naturally caused a desire to be obedient. My heart's cry to know Him more and my love-sick heart were seeds of love that would blossom into branches of a new lifestyle. My desire to pray, read my Bible, etc., wasn't done out of religious obligation, it happened naturally because I couldn't g