Skip to main content

Follow Me on Facebook

Moving On

I just realized that in a lot of my blogs I quote a song. It's not surprising really, since music is one of the ways the Lord speaks deeply to my heart. Realizing the different ways God speaks to us is very important. Sometimes He speaks through His written word, at other times through things we see, through others, or through something we read online, and even through music. I've heard so many people say in frustration that they don't hear the Lord speak to them, when in fact they just didn't realize the plethora of ways that He does!


I was thinking about a song that Cory Asbury sings in which he says, "I finally found where I belong, it's to be with You, to be with You." In light of my personal situation right now- waiting on a move back to the U.S for the past year and not feeling at home where we are now, this song hit the spot! 

So many of us find ourselves in situations that are uncomfortable. Whether you are believing for a spouse, ready for a new job, or hoping to move to another State, there is one place we can be comfortable calling HOME - in His presence. I've realized in my journey that it isn't UNTIL we come to terms with the situations we find ourselves in, that the Lord moves us to the next phase. Trusting Him is both the greatest form of worship and the greatest weapon of warfare. Perhaps your calm attitude in the midst of a bad job is something that will touch the heart of a coworker, opening them up to the Lord. Or perhaps once you find peace in being single, the Lord will bless you with your spouse. 

The point is, our joy isn't based on our circumstances, it is based on finding that our HOME (our peace, our strength, our security) is in His presence. In His presence is FULLNESS of JOY!
All other points of life must flow from this one location - IN HIM!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Peace with Catholicism...and Other Religions

I remember it clearly - watching a reel-to-reel movie in Sister Patricia's second grade class. Although I don't remember why the girl in the movie was crying, I do remember the affect it had on me. My heart was gripped by the fact that I wanted to know God more. The church was close to our home and I liked to hangout there, hoping to find God. One of the priests found it so odd, he phoned my Mom to let her know I couldn't be there everyday. Guess I looked a bit like a 7 yr. old hoodlum with my pigtails and missing teeth. In the eighteen years I grew up in Catholicism, no one ever taught me the deep spiritual truths of knowing God. All I knew was to attend mass, say my prayers, and take communion. And I did - until I visited a "non-denominational" church and felt God's presence for the first time. I was wrecked - in a good & bad way. Not only did I find what I had been looking for, I also became judgmental towards the Catholic religion. They had le...

You Are God's Mastepiece

Today's article is an excerpt from my book, Prayers on Fire , which I wrote with Brian Simmons. I pray it's a blessing to you. ~Gretchen    I’m mesmerized; awestruck over the beauty of your creation. The evidence of your creative genius streams from the heavens with glory. All of earth echoes your name. There is no denying that you are the Master Artist who set before us your most beautiful works of art.  The moon and stars are dazzling, brilliantly glowing against the night sky like jewels mounted in their settings. Still, I’m awed by something even more splendid than the wonders I see above. God, though you’re famous—great and powerful— you know me by name and call me your child. I am your masterpiece. My Father, whose name is known throughout the universe, you have created me to be just like you. Filled with glory, I’ll shine in the darkness, illuminating the world with your splendor and compassion. Crowned with majesty, I’ll stand in authority ...

A Journey Into Identity

In all of the years I’ve been dancing, I have never had a season where I have learned more about dance and myself in it, than this last year. Unfortunately, it has come out of a season of injury. This has been a difficult season to navigate through in the natural, but what the enemy has tried to steal, kill, and destroy, God has turned into a time of great discovery.  I have danced since I was 4 years old. I have no memories of a life without dance (except when having babies). As a result of a life woven into a beautiful tapestry of dance, my identity has been intertwined with dance as well. When I cannot dance, I feel incomplete. However, what I’ve recently been processing with the Lord is that my identity is not that of a dancer. When God looks at me, the most significant thing He sees is not that I am a dancer. The most significant thing to Him, is that I am His child.  I am much more than dance. Within me is the convergence of two realms – Heaven and earth con...