Skip to main content

Follow Me on Facebook

Day 13 Choose to Believe - Mysticism Demystified

Before I get into today's thoughts, please remember to leave a comment HERE on the blog! I would LOVE to hear about your journey as well.

Psalm 23:5-6 in The Passion Translation, is AWESOME and goes perfectly with today's blog. I LOVE this translation by Brian Simmons!!  (www.passiontranslation.com)

You become my delicious feast 
Even when my enemies dare to fight.
You anoint me with 
The fragrance of Your Holy Spirit, 
You give me all I can drink of You 
Until my heart overflows.
Why would I fear the future? 
For Your goodness and unfailing love 
Will always be my companions every day;
Then afterwards— when my life is through
I’ll return to Your glorious presence 
Forever with You!

Whether we are walking in the bliss of Heaven, or having a day of fierce opposition, we are His and we are fully dependent upon Him. Learning to worship through our trials is one of the biggest and most important lessons we learn. Whether we choose to honor it or not, Heaven is all around us. 

We aren't special if we see angels or feel the presence of God, we only have chosen to believe we can. The first step in mystical experiences, is to believe God desires for us to TASTE and SEE, and that it isn't dependent upon our religious performance. ("Mystic" is a word for those who believe it is possible to experience God) 




On days when distractions and mean people abound, Heaven abounds even more! This place of worshiping through our trials is precious to the Lord, it is also our greatest strength in warfare; when we most look like Jesus. I may not feel the joy and Heavenly bliss as much during times of opposition, but I'm becoming more and more aware of my worship REPELLING  the darkness during those days. The heart's focus can be stronger than the minds distraction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are God's Mastepiece

Today's article is an excerpt from my book, Prayers on Fire , which I wrote with Brian Simmons. I pray it's a blessing to you. ~Gretchen    I’m mesmerized; awestruck over the beauty of your creation. The evidence of your creative genius streams from the heavens with glory. All of earth echoes your name. There is no denying that you are the Master Artist who set before us your most beautiful works of art.  The moon and stars are dazzling, brilliantly glowing against the night sky like jewels mounted in their settings. Still, I’m awed by something even more splendid than the wonders I see above. God, though you’re famous—great and powerful— you know me by name and call me your child. I am your masterpiece. My Father, whose name is known throughout the universe, you have created me to be just like you. Filled with glory, I’ll shine in the darkness, illuminating the world with your splendor and compassion. Crowned with majesty, I’ll stand in authority ...

Making Peace with Catholicism...and Other Religions

I remember it clearly - watching a reel-to-reel movie in Sister Patricia's second grade class. Although I don't remember why the girl in the movie was crying, I do remember the affect it had on me. My heart was gripped by the fact that I wanted to know God more. The church was close to our home and I liked to hangout there, hoping to find God. One of the priests found it so odd, he phoned my Mom to let her know I couldn't be there everyday. Guess I looked a bit like a 7 yr. old hoodlum with my pigtails and missing teeth. In the eighteen years I grew up in Catholicism, no one ever taught me the deep spiritual truths of knowing God. All I knew was to attend mass, say my prayers, and take communion. And I did - until I visited a "non-denominational" church and felt God's presence for the first time. I was wrecked - in a good & bad way. Not only did I find what I had been looking for, I also became judgmental towards the Catholic religion. They had le...

A Journey Into Identity

In all of the years I’ve been dancing, I have never had a season where I have learned more about dance and myself in it, than this last year. Unfortunately, it has come out of a season of injury. This has been a difficult season to navigate through in the natural, but what the enemy has tried to steal, kill, and destroy, God has turned into a time of great discovery.  I have danced since I was 4 years old. I have no memories of a life without dance (except when having babies). As a result of a life woven into a beautiful tapestry of dance, my identity has been intertwined with dance as well. When I cannot dance, I feel incomplete. However, what I’ve recently been processing with the Lord is that my identity is not that of a dancer. When God looks at me, the most significant thing He sees is not that I am a dancer. The most significant thing to Him, is that I am His child.  I am much more than dance. Within me is the convergence of two realms – Heaven and earth con...